ZAMSURECO-I powered up as it grabs twelve (12) prestigious awards during the PHILRECA Awards from the Wires on December 04, 2020, a virtual ceremony that highlighted the four-day 41st PHILRECA Annual General Convention.
ZAMSURECO-I proved its consistency as one of the top performing electric cooperatives in the country as it notably coveted most number of various awards, spanning key parameters of ZAMSURECO-I’s business operations, strong ties with EC national associations and its active MCO engagement affairs.
Z-1 General Manager & CEO Jose Raul A. Saniel was also conferred the EC Brother’s Keeper Award which recognized his strong and dynamic leadership in managing two electric cooperatives, ZAMSURECO-I and ZAMSURECO-II, simultaneously.
ZAMSURECO-I Board and Management Team led by Board President Glenn Santiago Malalis and GM/CEO Jose Raul Saniel, respectively, received the plaques and certificates as virtually conferred by PHILRECA.
The PHILRECA awarding ceremony is based on the EC over-all performance and its level of commitment and partnership to the national association in strengthening the One-EC-MCO movement which is a core advocacy to empower the collaboration of EC associations, electric cooperatives and its member-consumer-owners.
The 12 distinct awards recently gained by ZAMSURECO-I covered areas of compliance to implementation of special projects benefitting welfare of its member-consumer-owners and stakeholders.
• EC Brother’s Keeper Award - is given to a General Manager for sharing his gift of leadership and for being an inspiration and instrument to PHILRECA and the One EC-MCO Movement by efficiently handling two electric cooperatives at the same time
• Paramount Achievement Award - for an exemplary performance as a triple-A (AAA) category EC in the pursuit of total electrification and sustainable rural development notwithstanding all difficulties confronting the rural electrification movement.
• Model Member-EC Award - for being an outstanding member-EC of PHILRECA notwithstanding all difficulties confronting the rural electrification movement. With determination, perseverance and diligence, ZAMSURECO-I was able to clear all obligations to the Association
• Stellar Success Award - for maintaining the EC’s high collection performance
• MCO Champion Award - for attaining a high attendance rate of its member-consumer-owners during the Coop’s 2019 AGMA
• Prompt Payor Award - for committing itself to timely and efficient settlement of its obligations to PHILRECA notwithstanding all difficulties confronting the rural electrification movement. With determination, perseverance, and diligence, ZAMSURECO-I was able to surpass challenges and excellently attained their goals for the member-consumer-owners
• Heart of Gold Award - in appreciation and recognition of the outstanding generosity of our dear brothers and sisters in the sector
• Extramile Award - for implementing the Pantawid Liwanag Program, as well as other initiatives that are aimed to uplift the lives of the MCOs in the pursuit of total electrification and sustainable rural development notwithstanding all difficulties confronting the rural electrification movement. With determination, perseverance and diligence, ZAMSURECO-I was able to surpass challenges and excellently attained their goals for the member-consumer-owners.
• Strength in Numbers Award - for encouraging and supporting its officers and employees to partake in trainings, webinars and other activities of PHILRECA in pursuit of Rural electrification and Development amidst all challenges confronting the rural electrification movement.
• Constant Contributor Award - for their continuous support to the goal of the ONE EC Network Foundation, Inc. (OECNF) in uplifting the lives of our dear brothers and sisters in the sector.
• Special Citation for ECs with Fully Liquidated Subsidy for Rural Electrification - for successfully implementing projects that have strengthened the rural electrification program, and for efficiently providing a complete liquidation of subsidy funds for said initiatives
• Strong Commitment to Brotherhood Award - for its unwavering support and for upholding the true spirit of bayanihan in helping the affected Electric Cooperatives and member-consumer-owners during Typhoons Tisoy, Ursula, Ambo, Quinta, Rolly and Ulysses through the Power Restoration Rapid Deployment - Task Force Kapatid (PRRD - TFK)
A total of 121 electric cooperatives nationwide attended the first-ever improvised virtual awarding event. The ceremony also formed part as a year-end thanksgiving event of the 41st PHILRECA Annual General Membership Meeting.